This one is so sweet… One day I’ll fly away……
Want to share such a beautiful and deep message. Thank you 🙂
Have you heard about this amazing 20-year-old Boyan Slat from the Netherlands? “While diving in Greece, he became frustrated when coming across more plastic bags than fish, and wondered: “why can’t we clean this up?” ~ The Ocean Clean Up website.
We hear about the problem of floating garbage islands in the oceans.
- “Millions of tons of plastic have entered the oceans (UNEP 2005)
- Plastic concentrates in five rotating currents, called gyres (Maximenko et al., 2012)”
We read about ecological effects of plastic killing ocean life,
- “At least one million seabirds, and one-hundred thousand marine mammals die each year due to plastic pollution (Laist, 1997)
- The survival of many species, including the Hawaiian Monk Seal and Loggerhead Turtle, could be jeopardized by plastic debris (Derraik, 2002)”
and polluting the food chain.
- “Toxic chemicals (including PCBs and DDTs) are adsorbed by the plastic, increasing the concentration a million times (Mato et al., 2001)
View original post 289 more words
There’s a long list of things that make us smile,
When you see a friend do something silly,
Or get away with a mischievous prank,
Perhaps, receiving praise for doing something good,
Each time you smile, it feels Wonderful.
This year, Hope you all have many reasons to smile every day.
HAPPY NEW YEAR 🙂
Just felt the same way. I’m reblogging this. Thank you so much dear for the words which is so mine.