Want to share such a beautiful and deep message. Thank you 🙂
Have you heard about this amazing 20-year-old Boyan Slat from the Netherlands? “While diving in Greece, he became frustrated when coming across more plastic bags than fish, and wondered: “why can’t we clean this up?” ~ The Ocean Clean Up website.
We hear about the problem of floating garbage islands in the oceans.
- “Millions of tons of plastic have entered the oceans (UNEP 2005)
- Plastic concentrates in five rotating currents, called gyres (Maximenko et al., 2012)”
We read about ecological effects of plastic killing ocean life,
- “At least one million seabirds, and one-hundred thousand marine mammals die each year due to plastic pollution (Laist, 1997)
- The survival of many species, including the Hawaiian Monk Seal and Loggerhead Turtle, could be jeopardized by plastic debris (Derraik, 2002)”
and polluting the food chain.
- “Toxic chemicals (including PCBs and DDTs) are adsorbed by the plastic, increasing the concentration a million times (Mato et al., 2001)
View original post 289 more words